As the weather grows warmer, it’s all the more important to stay hydrated. Between sunrise and sundown, Victory Ranch members spend their time wisely and vigorously amidst the great outdoors, whether that be fly-fishing along the Upper Provo or shooting clays at the Double Barrel. And, following a day’s worth of thirst-quenching adventure, we all deserve to sit back and relax with a refreshing libation in hand.
With August quietly creeping upon us, it’s time for you to mix up your usual beverage routine with one (or several) of the following fresh and easy spritzers for the perfect summer evening. Whether you’re entertaining or simply unwinding, beat the heat with any of these five mouthwatering drink recipes:
Strawberry-Lemon Mojito (serves 4)
- 8 lemon wedges
- 24 mint leaves, plus 4 mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- 4 strawberries, plus 2 halved strawberries, for garnish
- Ice cubes, plus crushed ice
- 8 ounces gold or aged rum
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces agave nectar
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lemon wedges with the whole strawberries and mint leaves. Add ice and the rum, lemon juice and agave syrup; shake well. Strain and pour into glasses filled with crushed ice. Garnish with the berry halves and mint sprigs.
Mango-Peach Sangria (serves 4)
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 peaches, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bottle Viognier
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
In a saucepan, cook the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves; transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cold. Stir in the Grand Marnier, Viognier, mango, peaches and mint and serve over ice.
Sunset Punch (serves 8)
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 8 ounces white vermouth
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (Heat 1/4 cup of sugar with 1/4 cup of water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.)
- 12 ounces chilled ginger beer
In a punch bowl, combine the bourbon, vermouth, lemon juice and syrup. Add the ginger beer and lemon slices and serve over ice.
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into strips
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 1/2 ounces vodka
Put the basil strips, lime zest, lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Crush the leaves and the juices with a muddler and let sit for 5 minutes to allow the liquid to infuse with the basil flavor. Add the vodka and ice then cover, shake and strain into glasses.
Frosé (serves 4)
- 1/2 bottle of rosé (of your choice)
- 2 cups ice
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey or simple syrup
Simply blend & enjoy.