Though every season at Victory Ranch shines in its own way, there’s truly nothing quite like the wonder of winter. Acres of untouched land, covered in a fresh layer of snow. Warm beverages next to a toasty fire on a chilly evening. And, of course, hours of gliding down some of the best ski trails in the world. Two world-class ski resorts, one of which is the largest in North America, are practically in our backyard at the Ranch. Here’s a quick guide to each of them.
Park City Resort
Known For: Being the biggest ski resort in North America
Best For: The ski resort connoisseur
Distance from Victory Ranch: 19.3 miles
Ski Season: November 20, 2020 through April 4, 2021
- For Beginners (17% of terrain): Claim Jumper at the top of Home Run or The Meadows via the Red Pine Gondola
- For Intermediate Skiers (50% of terrain): King Con Quad, Sunrise, or Parley’s Park
- For Experts: Jupiter Bowl, 6 Bells or McConkey’s Bowl
- Skiers must purchase their tickets in advance here.
- Epic Pass holders must reserve their days online in advance using the Epic Pass Holder Reservation System. The Epic Pass offers season-long access and is highly recommended for Victory Ranch owners who hit the slopes regularly. It also gives you priority access to more than 30 resorts in the US and Japan.
Where to Après Ski: Located at the base of the Park City Mountain Town Lift is Victory Ranch’s private ski-in/ski-out lounge, 875 Main. Hang up your boots (we provide boot driers and lockers) and have a drink or a bite to eat while you warm up or before you hit the slopes.
Deer Valley Resort
Known For: A venue for the 2002 Winter Olympics
Best For: Skiers of varying skill levels (no snowboarders here!)
Distance from Victory Ranch: 20.5 miles
Ski Season: December 5, 2020 through April 11, 2021 – Conditions Permitting
- For Beginners (27% of terrain): Bandana off of Ruby Express lift or the windier Homeward Bound from the top of Sterling Lift
- For Intermediate Skiers (41% of terrain): Little Baldy zone or Orion at the top of Empire
- For Experts (27% of terrain): Champion run off of Carpenter Express, Ruins of Pompeii on the left side of Bald Mountain, or Perseverance Bowl
- Pre-purchase your lift tickets in advance to guarantee your spot on the mountain. Day-of, on-site lift tickets will not be available this season.
- Full Season Passes permit unlimited skiing without restrictions — even during holiday periods
- Midweek Season Passes permit skiing Monday through Friday — excluding 12/26/20–1/2/21
- Hospitality Passes are transferable between family members, friends or business associates
- Ikon Passes earn you up to 7 days at Deer Valley (no blackout dates) and at 27 other ski resorts worldwide, along with unlimited access to 15 more ski resorts in the US and Canada
Where to Après Ski: Victory Ranch members enjoy special access privileges to Deer Crest Club at the beloved St. Regis Hotel, offering direct ski-in/ski-out access and a cozy spot to sip on Hot Toddies after a day on the slopes. Snow Park Lodge at the Base of Bald Eagle Mountain is also a great stopping or break point for après ski drinks and a delicious lunch.